Maple syrup is one of the many wonders of the world. This viscous amber liquid with its characteristics earthy sweet taste is made from the sap of the sugar, black or red maple tree.
The quality of the syrup varies in characteristics such as color, taste and consistency. All maple syrups are labeled with a grade based upon an official United States Department of Agricultural (USDA) grading system.
The USDA syrup grading system uses five different grades. Contrary to popular belief, maple syrup grades do not indicate a difference in quality or purity. Individual preference for a particular grade of maple syrup is similar to that of the wine consumer; some people prefer reds, some whites, some blush and so on. These maple syrup grades have upper and lower limits for color and flavor. As a general rule, the darker the color, the stronger the flavor
Grade A light amber a delicate maple flavor
Grade A medium amber a mild maple flavor
Grade A dark Amber a robust maple flavor
Grade B a strong robust maple flavor
Commercial very strong maple flavor
Radiant Organic Maple Syrup is extracted from the sweet sap of maple tree. (Grade A medium.)By Organic Standards, the trees are not over tapped to keep the tree in better health. The maple saps are stored in stainless steel drums and formaldehyde or other chemicals are prohibited in the processing. It is pure maple syrup. No corn syrup added. It has a distinctive and robust flavor great for cooking, glazing and adds to oats, pancakes and waffles.
A Few Quick Serving Ideas:
1) Maple syrup, used in place of table sugar as a sweetener, gives tea and coffee a unique taste.
2) Pour some maple syrup on oatmeal topped with walnuts and raisins.
3) Add maple syrup and cinnamon to pureed cooked sweet potatoes.
4) Combine maple syrup with orange juice and tamari and use as a marinade for baked tofu or tempeh.
5) Spread peanut butter on a piece of whole wheat toast, top with sliced bananas and then drizzle maple syrup on top for sweet, gooey treat.
After opening maple syrup, store in an air tight container. To slow the natural crystallization process of syrup, keep maple syrup in a refrigerator.
Net Weight: 250ml
Product of Canada
Imported and Distributed By: Radiant Code Sdn Bhd.